Recognize and Acknowledge Your Many Blessings
Despite the fact that we have so many blessings in our lives, it is far too easy to take them for granted, to forget them or to just not recognize them. In truth, the “little things” are not so little - they are huge. Everything we have is a blessing. Even when life seems difficult, even when faced with challenges, we are still filled to the brim with blessings and abundance. And they take so many different forms. We just have to learn to recognize them for what they are. The purpose of this article is to help us recognize and appreciate these things in our lives.
Opening Your Eyes to Appreciation – Quotes of Wisdom
“If you know how it is to be without food then you will appreciate your daily provisions.” Lailah Gifty Azkita
“The happiest people are not the ones with the best or the most things, but those who most appreciate what they have.” Oliver Gaspritz
“Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” Oprah Winfrey
“You may not appreciate the presence of good health, but you will definitely regret the absence of good health, because health is happiness.” Amit Kalantri
“You live in paradise but you just don’t realize it.” Muktananda
A Selection of Everyday “Little Things” to Appreciate
- Life itself, and health – the ultimate blessings
- Awareness of our divine, infinite nature – we are the eternal soul temporarily housed in a physical body
- Love – our own hearts are capable of experiencing limitless, ever-expansive love
- Food and air – we are so fortunate to have this in abundance
- Family – nuclear and extended families; biological and non-biological families
- Weather - sunshine, clouds, rain, snow, endless varieties
- Environments – beaches, oceans, skies, bodies of water, mountains, more
- Freedom – in all its forms
- Sexuality – the ability to express, share, enjoy
- Transportation – non-motorized and motorized vehicles, air travel, water travel, etc.
- Loving relationships and friendships throughout our lives
- Wisdom, knowledge, education, schools, libraries, online courses
- Electricity, communications, smartphones, tv, computers, internet, sound systems
- Music, instruments, entertainment, theater, art, film, photography
- Freedom of worship – a profound blessing
- Protection from the elements - houses, apartments, dwellings
- Clothes – from your oldest jeans to new custom garments
- Medical care and lifesaving medicine
- Pets and animal friends – these exquisite beings teach us unconditional love
- Second chances. And thirds. And fourths. And so on.
Taking Appreciation to the Next Level
By now you are probably remembering so many more of the great blessings in your own life. Once you decide to focus on the abundance in life, on the positive aspect of life, get ready to watch your inner and outer world increase in love, blessings, health and prosperity. This may require an intentional internal shift on your part. It is actually profoundly simple to focus on appreciation and abundance once you decide to. It is a conscious choice – your choice.
You may find it helpful to print copies of this page and keep them in view. Or write your own pages. What “little things” are you appreciative of? Focus on them - change your life now, forever.