Can You Change Your Destiny by Eating Correctly?
How can you possibly alter your destiny by improving your diet? And with all the confusion surrounding the endless variety of diets available these days, how can you even know if you are eating correctly?
The answer is simple: your body is the final authority on whether or not you are eating correctly:
- Are you healthy or in a state of dis-ease?
- Are you are at a healthy weight, underweight or overweight?
- Do you usually have plenty of energy or are you normally tired?
Eating Consciously: Understanding That Food is Medicine
The majority of the population in “modernized” Western societies eats food based on taste and convenience, rather than the effect the food has on the body. This is the primary reason why the US is the most obese country in the world:
- In the US, 70.9% of men and 61.9% of women are overweight or obese;
- Worldwide, 38% of men and 36% of women are overweight or obese1
When the body is provided with the proper food (nutrition) and not overfed, good health naturally results.
Eating in Harmony with Nature
By eating in harmony with the forces of nature, your body will not only sustain itself, it will energize, heal and continually reenergize. What does it mean to eat in harmony with the forces of nature? To begin with, start with the most obvious steps:
- Eat food that is pure. Sadly, in typical grocery stores, it is estimated that about 95% of ALL the food products are highly processed and filled with unhealthy preservatives, additives and other chemical compounds. On the other hand, the great majority of food products in health food stores are the opposite – pure food prepared without artificial, harmful ingredients.
- Eliminate: Purchase, prepare and/or grow food that do not contain harmful ingredients, including: pesticides, chemicals, artificial preservatives and flavorings, hormones, trans fats, white flour, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, MSG (monosodium glutamate), sodium nitrates and nitrites, artificial colors, processed foods, and many others.
Food is Medicine
“The time has come to adopt a way of eating that is ecological, healthful, nonviolent, and balanced and the only way to absorb such a diet is to eat it properly, a skill that few of us learned as children.2
Eat in a regulated manner. Chaotic eating will result in a chaotic life. As much as possible, eat your meals at the same time each day. Morning meals should be eaten shortly after awakening – ideally, close to sunrise. Noon meals should be the heartiest meal of the day. The body will have more time to digest this meal than the dinner meal. The dinner meal should be eaten around sunset.
Chew each mouthful at least 25 times. Profound healing can and does occur as a result of thoroughly chewing food. Predigesting the food in the mouth greatly assists digestion.
Do not overeat. Always keep the stomach 1/4 to 1/3 empty. It takes several days for the body to recover from overeating even a single meal. By keeping the stomach partly empty, digestive ability is maximized.
Cook meals on a gas stove whenever possible. It’s very simple to understand why: your human ancestors have been cooking with fire since the dawn of civilization. It is a 100% natural form of heat, unlike the electric stove and the microwave oven.
(Part 2 will continue the discussion)